Opportunities for Families to Participate in Tuition Reduction
PARENTS PARTNERSHIP PROGRAM
St. Benedict Preparatory School (SBPS) acknowledges the financial commitment parents show by sending their children to our school. To ease this burden, in consultation with the SBPS Advisory Board, we have created the “parent-partnership” service program. Parents of K-8 students can volunteer their time and talent at one or more of the specified school organizations listed below. A total of at least 20 volunteer hours is needed in order to receive $200 PER FAMILY off the cost of tuition. The list of school organizations (supervisor in parenthesis) include:
- St. Benedict Preparatory School (CEO, Head of School, teachers, office staff)
- St. Benedict Athletic Association (Christopher Deakins)
- Market Day (Deborah Jones)
- HSA (Joy Walton)
- Ball and Auction (Kate Schock-Williams)
- Bingo (Daralis Oliver)
To receive the parent-partnership discount, parents/guardians should do the following.
1. Be in full compliance with the Archdiocese of Chicago Safe Environment Requirements-see attached
2. Complete Participation Form and return to school office by September 14, 2012
3. Volunteer for one of the above organizations or school events as needed
4. At the end of each shift/event, obtain a "volunteer receipt form" from the supervisor/coordinator of each event
5. Fill in the information requested on each receipt
6. Have the supervisor SIGN the form and keep the original; this signature is important, and only designated supervisors may sign this form in order to make it valid
7. Retain the bottom copy of the receipt for your records; the supervisor will submit receipts to school office
The supervisor will turn the original receipts to the school where they will be tallied. The 20 service hours need to be completed by April 1, 2013. The $200 will be credited to the May tuition payment (or credited to the parent if tuition was paid in full).
If ten hours of service have been completed by November 2, 2012, then $100 will be credited to the December's tuition payment. Parents may then complete another 10 hours of service before April 1, 2013 in order to receive an additional $100 discount on the May tuition payment.
Families may only receive a maximum tuition discount of $200 PER FAMILY. Only increments of 10 service hours will be accepted for this discount, and "partial" discounts for service hours totaling less than 10 will not qualify for this tuition discount. There are certain long-term commitments which do not require this "volunteer receipt." These include:
- Chairs of Fundraising (Ball & Auction, BenFest)
- HEAD coaches of St. Benedict Sports
- HEAD scout leaders
- HSA officers
- Market Day Coordinators
- Advisory Board Members
- Athletic Advisory Board Officers
Questions regarding the parent-partnership program may be directed to the school CEO. Any parent wishing to get involved with volunteer opportunities are encouraged to call the school at 773-463-6797.